Dear Readers,
What are you up to? I'm listening to one of my favourite songs from my oh-so-melodramatic teenage phase: Uptown Girl by Westlife. I have no idea why I included this irrelevant detail in my post, but hey, I just felt like telling you that okay?
Back to business. This week's Independent Fashion Bloggers challenge is called, 'What's in your bag?'. Ehh, there's a lot in my handbag dear readers, because if boots were made for walking, then handbags were definitively made for carrying half your wardrobe around town.
Now I'm listening to Sara Bareilles's 'Gonna Get Over You', a song that reminds me I need to get over a pair of shoes I saw in a shop window last Saturday.
First thing in my bag is my dearest, loyal friend: my iPod touch and its cover in the flashiest pink ever. My iPod touch is my best friend. It has a pretty agenda application that I downloaded to keep me updated with all the events I have to attend. I use it to play Angry Birds and obviously to listen to music. I'm quite obsessed with my iPod, and I spend hours uploading album artwork and making sure there are no spelling mistakes in any of the song names.
I'm always carrying a pair of sunglasses around although, alas, I always forget to wear them. The pair in the picture are from Ells and I love them to death. They're in a gorgeous maroon colour and their shape is somewhat whimsical. They make me look like the robot in 'The Wizard of Oz', but I'm slowly accepting that now.
Item number three is my house key, which yes, I forget very often. I only got my house key recently - a year ago I believe - so I'm still relatively new to the 'carry your house keys around because mum will be asleep when you get back home' idea. Don't ask me why I got my house key at the age of 21. I have a strange life I guess.
The fourth item is probably the most boring item in my bag. Tissues are boring. I used them to blow my nose and to wipe my face after stuffing my face with a pizza. Now I feel like pizza. You know, I always wondered who that girl on the packet is.
My fifth item is a bit embarrassing. That little packet over there is a packet of disposable toilet seat covers. I'm rather obsessed with personal hygiene and all of that stuff, so I carry them around just in case I need the loo. I hate using using public loos. It's a nightmare. I imagine little organisms playing on top of the toilet seat, singing along to a cheesy song like Britney Spears's 'Crazy' and laughing their afternoons away. I would carry toilet wipes if their packet wasn't so big! It's all my mother's fault you know. I couldn't even use the school toilets when I was a kid because she warned me that those 'were never clean!'. I never used a school toilet, though I did go to the school bathroom once per day, count to thirty and go back to class, just to make my schoolmates believe that 'even Lara Boffa uses the toilet'.
I bet you're not surprised with item number six. It's a little round mirror, with an embossed Eiffel Tower, that my cousin got me from Paris. A vain, wannabe French person like me needs that mirror on a daily basis.
Don't think I'm an alcoholic because I have a Pina Colada flavoured lip balm in my bag. I got my lovely lipbalm from Peacocks for just a couple of euros and it tastes so good. I always make sure I also have the lipstick I'm wearing just in case I need to reapply. I never reapply though, because I'm lazy.
That flashy coral pocket, numbered 8, is the pouch I use to carry my bus ticket. That's one of the reasons why I love the public transport reform here in Malta: it gave me an excuse to buy that coral pocket.
I have huge hair. My hair has a mind of its own and it drives me nuts on a regular basis. This is why I have to carry a couple of scrunchies, bobby pins and an Alice Band in my bag.
I have to carry number ten around because it's so damn hot in Malta at the moment. Those are my two fans. I bought the yellow one from an open market, and the cute strawberry one is from Accessorize. They should still have it, and I think it's on sale :)
Number eleven is my pink camera who decides to strike every once in a while. I noticed it likes to let me down when I try to take photos of myself at the beach. Should I be offended?
My iPod touch is my best friend, and my Blackberry Curve is my bad-ass boyfriend. It's gonna be a year old very soon and I plan on buying it a nice shiny cover for the occasion!
As I said, Malta is a very warm country during the Summer so I have to make sure I have some sort of perfume / deodorant should I start sweating and smelling like a horse. At the moment, I'm carrying that little sample around and it smells good, so I'm covered!
Moving on to number fourteen! Have I ever told you that mosquitoes love me like crazy? It's a sad story of unrequited love my dear readers, because I hate them with a passion. Every morning I wake up with a dozen new mosquito bites, so I'm carrying that cream with me because it soothes my poor irritated and swollen (very!) skin.
Number fifteen is my purple, New Look purse that carries the little money that I have at the moment. It's sad.
As I look at the pictures, I realise that I should keep my spectacles in my handbag. Why? I didn't realise that my pretty polka dot wrapping paper did not cover the entire floor. I'm becoming blind. ALAS!!
-B


Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar